Sunday, December 28, 2008
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Hey everyone, as many of you know I will be travelling to Kenya over the Christmas break. I am going with a group of 15 college students from University Baptist Church for about two weeks. The majority of our time will be spent working with the youth at various ministries UBC has a relationship with. I would ask for your daily prayers during our trip for the health, safety, and hearts of everyone going on the trip and involved. May the Lord keep us safe and guide us to authentically embody the Gospel during our time in Kenya. Below I have included our trip itinerary so you all will know what's going on and what to pray for. Thank you so much for your prayers and hearts!
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Almost halfway through the book Ron takes Denver to breakfast, this is the first time they spent time together alone. Denver is very guarded. Denver asks Ron what he wants from him. Ron responds with “I just want to be your friend.” Denver is silent and says let me think about it.
Well let’s stop right here for a second. Who says let me think about when someone asks to be there friend. I know I don’t. But there is defiantly something significant about thinking it all through.
Mk, so then in the book it says about a week has past and they haven’t really spoken. Then Ron takes Denver to starbucks. Denver says to him that he has been thinking about what he had asked him. Denver starts talking about how many people when they go fishing the catch and release the fish. Denver says “If you fishin' for a friend you just going to catch and release, then I ain’t got no desire to be your friend.” Then there is silence for a minute. “But if you is lookin' for a real friend, then I’ll be one forever.”
I love that. I personally am not someone who enjoys being acquaintances with people. I like to have deep relationships. But I’m not as up front as Denver is. I just love that he thinks the commitment through and that he sees it as a commitment. I know I’m reading a lot it to this but I just thought it was pretty significant.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
We had my older brothers wedding at the end of October. It was beautiful! A bunch of family came in on the Thursday night before. We had the rehearsal at Landry's which was fun. Then the wedding was at St. Anthony's and the reception was at The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center. The reception was a blast. I'll post some of the pics when we get them in.
Ive just been trying to finish this semester of classes and been doing the babysitting thing.
This past weekend I went to Waco to visit my best friend Austin. It was so much fun. We went to the Baylor vs. Aggie game. It was defiantly a good game. Baylor doesn't win that often and it was exciting for them to beat A&M. It was super cold though. Then we had a party back at the house. It was just fun and relaxing.
That's about it. Ill try to post pics soon.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
This is me and my best friend Austn. I went up with his family to Waco, texas to visit him for his birthday. His family is awesome! I love them to death! So anyways, I was a surprise. He was expecting his family for a birthday lunch, but didn't know I was coming. It was a lot of fun. We went to a mexican food resturant and he brought some of his buddies from college, he goes to Baylor.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Sunday, October 19, 2008
On Tuesday at school I was getting something out of my purse and I had a pull up in my purse. I just started laughing. But it gets even funnier. Later this past week I was doing a lot of stuff to prepare for my brothers wedding. I had to figure out how I was going to do my hair for the wedding, so I bought these hot rollers to see if they would curl my hair a different way. I was also in charge of ironing on these little tiny crystals on to black ribbon for the cake. Well I think it was Thursday night before I knew it I found myself with hot rollers in my hair, ironing, and watching The Oprah show from that day. I jumped ahead like 40 years in my life. When I figured out what I was doing I was so happy no one saw me like that. hehe!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
2. Your significant other? Undecided?
3. Your hair? Brown and too long
4. Your Mother? Sheryl
5. Your Father? Scott
6. Your favorite thing? HUGS
7. Your dream last night? Not sure.
8. Your favorite drink? Water
9. Your dream/goal? To teach
10. The room you're in? Game room
11. Your fear? Rejection
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Wife and Mommy
13. Where were you last night? Home studying
14. What you’re not? Prepared
15. Muffin? Banana Nut
16. One of your wish list items? My tuition paid off
17. Where you grew up? TEXAS!!!
18. The last thing you did? Hung out at the Millers
19. What are you wearing? Jeans and a t-shirt
20. Your TV? Should be off.
21. Your pet? 2 dogs – Amy and Jake & a bird- Sammy
22. Your computer? On too much
23. Your life? Crazy
24. Your mood? Blah
25. Missing someone? Yes
26. Your car? Out front
27. Something you're not wearing? Shoes
28. Favorite Store? Garden Ridge
29. Your summer? HOT
30. Your favorite color? Green ?
31. When is the last time you laughed? Today
32. Last time you cried? Yesterday
33. Who will/would re-post this? I don’t know
34. FOUR PLACES I GO OVER AND OVER: Church, Norman’s, Miller’s, and School
35. FOUR PEOPLE WHO E-MAIL ME: Lisa, Lindsay, Austin, Collin
36. FOUR OF MY FAVORITE FOODS: Broccoli, strawberries, chicken, pizza
37. FOUR PLACES I WOULD RATHER BE RIGHT NOW: heaven, sleeping, movies, hanging out
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds I’m not a big jewelry girl though.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Bangkok Dangerous it was a good movie but I didn’t really like the ending.
4. What is your favorite TV show? I don’t even know, I think maybe Grey’s Anatomy.
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? I don’t usually eat breakfast. If I do it’s just like a glass of milk and a banana.
6. What is your middle name? Nicole
7. What food do you dislike? I really don’t like celery. I can’t even touch it; it makes your hands smell weird.
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? I like too many, umm I’ve been listening to Madeleine Peyroux “Careless Love”. It’s old but really good.
9. What kind of car do you drive? The Pontiac Grand AM
10. Favorite sandwich? Turkey with nothing on it. I hate condiments.
11. What characteristic do you despise? Pridefullness, I hate when people think that they know everything and can’t say they are sorry.
12. Favorite item of clothing? Jeans and hoodie. So comfortable.
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation,
Where would you go? Italy for sure.
14. Are you an organized person? Definitely. I am a little OCD actually.
15. Where would you retire to? Somewhere peaceful. Maybe in the country somewhere where fall is actually a season we get to experience.
16. What was your most recent memorable birthday? My 21st I think. I usually work on my birthday. Which I think that I did then too. But I went out after. It was fun; all my friends came home from school.
17. What are you going to do when you finish this? Clean, can you see why I’m filling this out?
18. When is your birthday? October 24th
19. Morning person or a night person? Night Owl for sure
20. What is your shoe size? 9
21. Pets? Yeppers, a black lab mix named Amy, a wiemeraner named Jake, and a parrot named Sammy.
22. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? I’m caught up on my class work. I know not so exciting.
23. What did you want to be when you were little? A mommy.
24. How are you today? Good now. School and work are over.
25. What is your favorite flower? Orchids or Gerber Daisies
26. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? My brother’s wedding and my birthday. (Weekend of October 25th)
27. What are you listening to right now? Grey’s Anatomy
28. What was the last thing you ate? Yellow apple, love them!!
29. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Blue – green, the one that is kind of teal looking, it’s my favorite.
30. How is the weather right now? Nice. The sun is almost set and it’s in the 70s.
31. Last person you spoke to on the phone? COLLIN!!! :)
32. Favorite soft drink? I don’t really drink soft drinks but when I do defiantly Dr. Pepper.
33. Favorite restaurant? Umm, either Uni Sushi or anywhere with good Mexican food that is really spicy.
34. Hair color? Dark brown
35. What was your favorite toy as a child? My stuffed animals
36. Summer or Winter? Winter
37. Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla
38. Coffee or tea? Tea, I hate coffee.
39. When was the last time you cried? I don’t cry that much, but actually it was last night.
40. What is under your bed? Photo albums and luggage
41. What did you do last night? Babysat at the Norman’s
42. What are you afraid of? Confrontation
43. How many keys on your key ring? 2 house and car
44. How many years at your current job? Well I’ve been babysitting for what 11 years now, WOW crazy.
45. Favorite day of the week? Friday, because everyone is so excited that it’s the weekend and everyone is really casual.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
So lets see whats been going on. Papers, work, and oh yeah Ike. So I'm trying to process Ike. I feel bad for all the people that were devastated by this storm. I feel there was definitely some positive that came out of it though. It was so great to see so many people outside on the days following the storm. We had, and some still don't, no electricity. There were kids outside everywhere which was so great to see. There were also parents outside enjoying time with their kids which I think is even better. The phone signals were down, no TV, no Internet, and no video games. I think it was a blessing in some ways, I think that it brought people together - families, neighbors, and communities. Don't get me wrong I'm not down playing the bad, I'm just choosing to promote the good. :)