Saturday, December 27, 2008

Prayer

So my friend Austin is leaving for Kenya on the 28th and I was wondering if I could get some of you praying for him and the group he is going with. This is what he sent to some of us for more specific prayer. Thanks so much!!!!
Hey everyone, as many of you know I will be travelling to Kenya over the Christmas break. I am going with a group of 15 college students from University Baptist Church for about two weeks. The majority of our time will be spent working with the youth at various ministries UBC has a relationship with. I would ask for your daily prayers during our trip for the health, safety, and hearts of everyone going on the trip and involved. May the Lord keep us safe and guide us to authentically embody the Gospel during our time in Kenya. Below I have included our trip itinerary so you all will know what's going on and what to pray for. Thank you so much for your prayers and hearts!
Trip Itinerary

Sunday, December 28th-Travel Day

Monday, December 29th-Arrive in Kenya!, get groceries, settle in

Tuesday, December 30th -Simba Village

Wednesday, December 31st -Boniface breakfast/Simba Village – stay overnight

Thursday, January 1st -Simba Village

Friday, January 2nd -Boniface – breakfast & visit house

Saturday, January 3rd -City Harvest

Sunday, January 4th -City Harvest

Monday, January 5th -City Harvest

Tuesday, January 6th -Shopping/Nature Park

Wednesday, January 7th -Boniface breakfast/Simba Village

Thursday, January 8th -Simba Village – stay overnight

Friday, January 9th -Simba Village/Boarding schools

Saturday, January 10th -Shopping/Travel home

Sunday, January 11th -Travel Day – arrive in Dallas


Simba Village Orphanage

-Play with kids

-Work on farm

-Help get kids ready for school

-Visit boarding schools

-Help Karama House

-Other projectsCity


Harvest Church

-Visit Kibera slums

-Soccer tournament at KTDP

-AIDS support group ministry/Hair dressing school

-Business Training

– Microfinance loans

-Sunday lunch at Uhuru Gardens/ games with youth ministry

-Dinner with Pastor Edward’s family


Pastor Boniface

-Feed street kids

-Visit new home for boys & help however we can

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh I will definitely pray! I am jealous that he is going and I am not! I want to go back so badly. His life will be changed forever. The people of Kenya are the most amazing people.

Jamie said...

Thanks so much Lindsay! I know Im so jealous too. I was jealous when you went! :) This is a trip he has wanted to go on for 4 years now and he is so excited. I cant wait to hear about the things God is doing there.