Thursday, September 18, 2008

So about Ike

I'm so sorry about not posting. I'm going to try to step it up.

So lets see whats been going on. Papers, work, and oh yeah Ike. So I'm trying to process Ike. I feel bad for all the people that were devastated by this storm. I feel there was definitely some positive that came out of it though. It was so great to see so many people outside on the days following the storm. We had, and some still don't, no electricity. There were kids outside everywhere which was so great to see. There were also parents outside enjoying time with their kids which I think is even better. The phone signals were down, no TV, no Internet, and no video games. I think it was a blessing in some ways, I think that it brought people together - families, neighbors, and communities. Don't get me wrong I'm not down playing the bad, I'm just choosing to promote the good. :)

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I think you are so right. To get everyone off of their computers, TV's, cell phones, etc. and outside helping their neighbors and spending time with their family is a wonderful thing. I wasn't there for all of the power outages (and am still not) but it is just an example of God using as tragedy to bring good.